James - When I finally made it home we slowly worked our way up to Idaho. First stopping in St. George to see Tami's parents and my Dad, then up to Cedar Mountain to spend a night with my Mom. The next day we continued up to Provo / Salt Lake where we saw Owen and Tean, then we stayed with Angie and Kevin for the night. I was so excited when we woke up because it was snowing. I love driving in the snow. We followed Angie up along some back roads and finally made it without incident.
We got to Oakley just in time for a great lunch that Tami's parents had planned. We had so many people that we had the get together in the Oakley Senior Center. We really had lot of fun. I got a chance to visit with my brother and sisters-in-law's which I've never had much of a chance to do. We also had a great time with all the kids. Growing up in St. George never gave me that much time throwing snowballs, and snow just brings out the kid in me. Austin, Bryant, and Skylar I guess didn't get enough snow down their coats that day because they were begging for another fight before they had to leave.
During the weekend we also got to play some fun games. The Fehlmans just can't get together without playing games. Angie seems to be the game resident and she's always got some fun games to teach us. Fill or Bust was the game of choice for the weekend, and Marlayne and I wore Angie out checking on the rules. (We even found some rules she missed after she left). It was really a great time. I'm hoping that we can actually make it up to Oakley in the Summer in '09. I've only seen Oakley in December.
I had to leave early Christmas morning, so the Fehlmans gave in to my favorite Ginocchio tradition and we had Christmas on Christmas Eve. We really had a good time even though we knew that I had to leave the next morning. I'm blessed to have such great In-laws that really take care of us. It was hard to leave.
P.S. We've got some great pictures, but I'm still in transit back to my base so I'll do a new post with them soon.
We got to Oakley just in time for a great lunch that Tami's parents had planned. We had so many people that we had the get together in the Oakley Senior Center. We really had lot of fun. I got a chance to visit with my brother and sisters-in-law's which I've never had much of a chance to do. We also had a great time with all the kids. Growing up in St. George never gave me that much time throwing snowballs, and snow just brings out the kid in me. Austin, Bryant, and Skylar I guess didn't get enough snow down their coats that day because they were begging for another fight before they had to leave.
During the weekend we also got to play some fun games. The Fehlmans just can't get together without playing games. Angie seems to be the game resident and she's always got some fun games to teach us. Fill or Bust was the game of choice for the weekend, and Marlayne and I wore Angie out checking on the rules. (We even found some rules she missed after she left). It was really a great time. I'm hoping that we can actually make it up to Oakley in the Summer in '09. I've only seen Oakley in December.
I had to leave early Christmas morning, so the Fehlmans gave in to my favorite Ginocchio tradition and we had Christmas on Christmas Eve. We really had a good time even though we knew that I had to leave the next morning. I'm blessed to have such great In-laws that really take care of us. It was hard to leave.
P.S. We've got some great pictures, but I'm still in transit back to my base so I'll do a new post with them soon.
2 comments:
I used to love driving in the snow!!!
I've wondered about starting the whole Christmas Eve thing with our family, but the other half (Kent) is not in agreeance...I'll have to something about that, hehe.
Post a Comment