About Tami & James

I created this blog to share some handmade items. It was a few years ago that I really started to enjoy sewing and quilting. The items you see here are available for purchase. Each item can be customized to one's wishes and wants whether it be a blanket or jeweled watch. I would love to do so for you. Contact me at tudgirl@hotmail.com for questions and information.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Worse Foot Patrol Yet - 01 November 08

Tami- Sorry Guys I've been slacking big time. I totally forgot that James sent me his blog for the week so here you go. I'm staying busy working at Zions Bank and figuring out the school details for January. I'm so excited I just received some great news! Breann & Zach Shearer are expecting Baby #2. Congratulations you guys! We are so excited for you! I hope everyone is going well.

James- I thought that the foot patrol from two weeks ago was pretty bad. It was nothing compared to the one that I just went on. I've started to really love foot patrols instead of being in vehicles so I didn't really mind. (My legs do)

We left our base during the evening and climbed up to an Afghani Army Outpost where we spent the night. That first leg was 600 feet and one kilometer away, not a climb to laugh at when you are wearing 100 plus pounds of gear. It was the first time that we had spent a night "outside the wire," meaning that we didn't sleep in a US base.

The next morning at dawn we left and kept on climbing. Nine Hundred feet and two kilometers later we reached our destination on top of the mountain. The view is awesome, but it's much more than that. There comes a sense of satisfaction knowing that you climbed the entire way carrying your own weight. It makes things just that much sweeter, even if in the back of your mind you know you have to climb back down the mountain. Climbing down is easier on the muscles, but I always get blisters, and you are always worried about putting your weight on a rock and having it give out from under you.

My family may remember back when I did a twelve mile road march that I did at Fort Hood a year or so ago. That is honestly nothing compared to what we are doing now. I wish I could go back and do that for fun. It was much easier compared to what we are doing now. If anyone is looking to go hiking when I'm done here come see me.



Hopefully I will be coming home for a little while in December for my mid-tour leave. I'm really looking forward to spending time with Tami. She has been a tough girl. We were only able to see each other once ever few months when we were dating. Since our 10 months of marriage we've only had five together. She has put up with a lot and I'm proud of her for being able to put up with me. Thanks Tami.

I'm really trying to keep my blogs a bit shorter so I'm going to end there. Goodbye!

2 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Why shorter? I love being able to hear what you are up to. Remember that hike up Multnomah Falls in Portland. I bet you could sprint up it now - LOL. Love you!

The Shearer Family... said...

It is great hearing that everyone is doing so well. Thank you for the congrats! we are pretty excited. i will be down in logan this weekend so i dont know if you were planning on going to gena's party or not? it would be great to see you and catch up. Let me know... Love you guyz.
Zach, Breann & Keijen Shearer