About Tami & James

I created this blog to share some handmade items. It was a few years ago that I really started to enjoy sewing and quilting. The items you see here are available for purchase. Each item can be customized to one's wishes and wants whether it be a blanket or jeweled watch. I would love to do so for you. Contact me at tudgirl@hotmail.com for questions and information.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day!
I have always had great memories of Memorial Day. I enjoyed going to the cemetery with my family and hearing the stories of family past. This was probably the only time I listened without complaining and to be honest, decorating the graves with flowers was the best part. I loved that!
Like Veterans Days, Memorial Day now has an even stronger meaning for me since James' entry into the military. I have been blessed, so far in my life, not to have endured the hardship of losing someone very close to me. Knock on wood! But I am very honored to have the things I do because of those before me. Whether it is freedom, knowledge or family, I honor you and Thank you!



Now for a quick update. Last weekend I went up to SLC to spend some time with my sister Angie. It was really nice to relax for awhile and just have a good time. Yes, Angie the manual labor was kind of fun. Well on my way home, I started having car problems. I was at Cedar City when it sounded like my tires were flat so i pulled over to check them out. They were all up to par so I kept going. I called my parents to give them a heads up on the situation and where I was. Well to make a long story short, my transmission blew and I had a wheel barring go out. I hate car problems. The little things I can handle, but this was big and totally over my head. It's a good thing my parents were in St. George and not Oakley or I would have been in BIG trouble.

Well my car is alive again, HURRAY!! Thanks to the help of my dad and James. Yes honey, you helped. Thanks Dad, I appreciate your help very much. You were my knight in shining armor.

2 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

So glad you got home safe and are one the road again :-)

Ginocchio Family said...

Sorry about the car problems! That is no fun. I'm glad that your dad was able to help you out. Maybe we will see ya in June when we come out!