About Tami & James

I created this blog to share some handmade items. It was a few years ago that I really started to enjoy sewing and quilting. The items you see here are available for purchase. Each item can be customized to one's wishes and wants whether it be a blanket or jeweled watch. I would love to do so for you. Contact me at tudgirl@hotmail.com for questions and information.

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Jumping Jacks/1st Anniversary!!!

Tami-Ok I know that some of you are dying to know about our Jumping Jacks/1st Anniversary experience, so here goes. On Saturday December 20, James and I and the Ginocchio clan decided to go to Jumping Jacks as part of our Christmas celebration/get together. The inflatable fun houses and slides were a big hit with the kids. What am I saying, I think we had more fun than the kids did. It really was a blast!

I was playing around on one of fun houses siting at the top of a slide, when I was joined by James and Tean. James decided that he wanted to horse around a little, so he started pulling on my left leg to pull me off the slide. I was trying to hold on for dear life, but James is stronger so I let go. Now as I was falling, my right leg curled under me and came right down a wooden board that was bracing up part of the slide. Needless to say bones and wood do not go together. I broke both bones in my right leg. The fibula bone i broke up close to my knee and the tibia bone i broke down close to my ankle. The pain was horrible and the worst part of it all was that i was stuck on the inflatable without the ability to move. James, the sweetheart, was by my side the entire time while Owen and Rodney devised a plan to get me off the fun house in the least amount of pain as possible. Well after a short time, I finally made it off the fun house and off to the ER. Thanks Owen and Rod!

Once in the ER, James and I spent the rest of the day waiting to go into surgery. We arrived at the hospital at around 4pm and went into surgery around 11:30pm. That next morning Sunday December 21, 2008 our 1st anniversary. Happy Anniversary Honey! We got to spend our anniversary together in the hospital, not the romantic idea we had in mind, but at least we were together. I love you honey and I'm so glad that you were there with me. You were such a trooper through the whole thing and didn't even complain once. Thank you for being there for me. I am truly blessed to be your wife.

Here are a few pictures of what my leg looks like now. I've got some serious hardware in my leg now that I will be able to set off every security scanner in an airport. Thanks again Owen! You helped James and I so much.



4 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Lovely! I hope you are able to get around a little better than last I heard and in a lot less pain.

The Shearer Family... said...

all i can say is OUCH...
I feel for you. at least your were TOGETHER...
love you and miss you!

Tom and Juli said...

Holy cow that's crazy! I'm so sorry that happened. Ouch! Let me know if you need anything.

Happy one year anniversary though! That's so great that James could be here for it.

The Byingtons said...

I would love to saw I can't believe you broke your leg, but I hope it gets better soon, and that you are feeling better.