About Tami & James

I created this blog to share some handmade items. It was a few years ago that I really started to enjoy sewing and quilting. The items you see here are available for purchase. Each item can be customized to one's wishes and wants whether it be a blanket or jeweled watch. I would love to do so for you. Contact me at tudgirl@hotmail.com for questions and information.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Saturday In Austin

James - I planned a trip this weekend for Tami & I to visit Austin and explore the Texas State Capitol. Austin is only about an hour south of Killeen, and is a gorgeous drive through the green fields of central Texas.

Our first stop was the Bob Bullock Texas State History Museum, specifically the IMAX Theater.


We bought tickets to see a 3D film on the Grand Canyon and the Colorado River. We had about an hour before the movie started and we spent our time touring the museum. It was very well put together and we had a good time.

The movie was phenomenal, 3D movies are the way to go. Tami & I have both decided that one day we want to do a river rafting run.

Tami & I took an easy walk up the street to the State Capitol Building. It was a beautiful building and we got a lot of ideas for neat pictures.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Austin is well known for it's Sixth Street. Sixth Street is where all the live music and clubs are. Tami & I really don't have any interest in clubbing, but we did drive down Sixth Street to check out the scene.

To end off the day we went down to Town Lake. It seems more like a river to me, but what do I know? It's actually runs through Austin. We rented a kayak and paddled up to the different bridges through town. We had a really good time and it was the perfect end to our time in Austin.

Photobucket

5 comments:

The Shearer Family... said...

it looks like you had a great time! hope that all is going well for both of you! Keep in touch.

Crazy Herb Girl said...

Looks like a really cool city. I've been to a 3-D Imax, too and you just want to reach out and touch stuff! The pics are great. I love the one of you two and the capital and Tami at the gates. Keep updating it's fun to see what you are up to ;-)

Joel's Family said...

It looks like you enjoyed your weekend. I could only wish about even going to a movie theater. Let's see 4 kids not such a quite environment. Ha Ha. The pictures are cute. Keep in touch

Bobbie Jean said...

Whoa kids someone needs a tan.. hahaha.. kidding. but seriously.

Well, look at you little adventure seeking fools. Looks like a really fun time. Did I ever tell you I have family in Austin. Yup, true story... love the blog

Ginocchio Family said...

I have to agree with Bobbie Jean. James needs a tan. But really I am not one to talk. Being in uniform most days for me doesn't exactly help my bronzing either.

Looks like fun, it was fun to see you guys recently. James you need to keep me updated on your ship out date, when you find out. Some of us may come try to visit before or be there to see you off.

Rod