Hi Everyone! Alabama is treating us well. We have had a lot to do and a few new good places to explore. We have also dealt with some car problems, but it's nothing that we couldn't deal with.
A while back I noticed that my truck was having transmission issues so it went into the shop. They had to rebuild the entire transmission. I didn't feel too bad. The truck had over 200,000 miles on it and it had pulled a trailer for most of those miles.
A little salt was added to the wound when the transmission in our car also started having problems. The transmission was rebuilt while Tami was in St. George and I was deployed. It also had to go into the shop. Lucky for us the car was still under warranty and all the repairs were covered.
I had been searching to a new truck/car for at least a month, waiting to find that great deal. I finally found it and just before the car went into the shop. We bought a used 2007 Toyota Rav4. The Rav4 will replace Tami's car.

A month after the car went into the shop we finally got it back a month later. I wanted to make sure the new transmission in the truck worked well so I put the car on our trailer and pulled it home that way. Truck works just fine. I just wish I could get another 200,000 miles out of it. The car is for sale if anyone is interested.

I have more free time than I should have right now and so I bought some model rockets. Tami and I had some fun launching them off. Our small one only went 200 feet and it didn't go too far. We shot our big one only once. It went over 1000 feet and it drifted so far that I didn't think we would find it. Lucky for me it was just off the side of a road and I was able to recover it, but I didn't want to chance losing it again.

Tami & I also spent some time down at Panama City Beach, FL. It's only an hour and a half away and we wanted to go swim in the gulf before the oil reached Panama City. We had a really good time and we decided that we needed to buy better beach materials before we went down again. I would really like to get a floating island and anchor it out a ways and just relax, but I don't have the kind of money for that.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I got a new motorcycle around the end of February. I still don't have any pictures of it. I'm planning a big motorcycle camping trip the week after the 4th of July and I'll make sure to take my camera along. Five days, four nights, five states, and around 1200 miles. I will ride through three new states that will be added to my ride map. Provided I have power I will write up a ride report each night on the days activities. I guess I could use paper if I don't have power for my laptop. Here is my route:
The way points don't mean anything. They just make sure that the route goes where I want it too.
I have not started flight school yet, but I should be starting toward the end of July. I wont actually be flying until probably November or December though.
Tami is doing really well. She works a lot more than I do right now. She is playing the piano in the Primary at church. The kids try her patience sometimes, but she does just fine. She played for them in Sacrament Meeting on Fathers Day.
That's it for now. I'm really looking forward to my motorcycle trip and I'll be sure to provide details on how it goes.
Oh, and Tami is pregnant.
A while back I noticed that my truck was having transmission issues so it went into the shop. They had to rebuild the entire transmission. I didn't feel too bad. The truck had over 200,000 miles on it and it had pulled a trailer for most of those miles.
A little salt was added to the wound when the transmission in our car also started having problems. The transmission was rebuilt while Tami was in St. George and I was deployed. It also had to go into the shop. Lucky for us the car was still under warranty and all the repairs were covered.
I had been searching to a new truck/car for at least a month, waiting to find that great deal. I finally found it and just before the car went into the shop. We bought a used 2007 Toyota Rav4. The Rav4 will replace Tami's car.

A month after the car went into the shop we finally got it back a month later. I wanted to make sure the new transmission in the truck worked well so I put the car on our trailer and pulled it home that way. Truck works just fine. I just wish I could get another 200,000 miles out of it. The car is for sale if anyone is interested.

I have more free time than I should have right now and so I bought some model rockets. Tami and I had some fun launching them off. Our small one only went 200 feet and it didn't go too far. We shot our big one only once. It went over 1000 feet and it drifted so far that I didn't think we would find it. Lucky for me it was just off the side of a road and I was able to recover it, but I didn't want to chance losing it again.

Tami & I also spent some time down at Panama City Beach, FL. It's only an hour and a half away and we wanted to go swim in the gulf before the oil reached Panama City. We had a really good time and we decided that we needed to buy better beach materials before we went down again. I would really like to get a floating island and anchor it out a ways and just relax, but I don't have the kind of money for that.

I'm not sure if I mentioned that I got a new motorcycle around the end of February. I still don't have any pictures of it. I'm planning a big motorcycle camping trip the week after the 4th of July and I'll make sure to take my camera along. Five days, four nights, five states, and around 1200 miles. I will ride through three new states that will be added to my ride map. Provided I have power I will write up a ride report each night on the days activities. I guess I could use paper if I don't have power for my laptop. Here is my route:
The way points don't mean anything. They just make sure that the route goes where I want it too.I have not started flight school yet, but I should be starting toward the end of July. I wont actually be flying until probably November or December though.
Tami is doing really well. She works a lot more than I do right now. She is playing the piano in the Primary at church. The kids try her patience sometimes, but she does just fine. She played for them in Sacrament Meeting on Fathers Day.
That's it for now. I'm really looking forward to my motorcycle trip and I'll be sure to provide details on how it goes.
Oh, and Tami is pregnant.
5 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having lots of fun. You'll be able to add more states to your map! Have a great time!
Oh I love Panama City Beach, I lived there for a year once, such a pretty place and their beaches are so white and pristine.
Glad you guys are doing well. Tell Tami that I too am in Primary and some days I just want to pull my hair out.
Miss ya tons. Have fun on your trip.
-Kristina
WOOO HOOO>.... I AM SOOO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS! congrats on the pregnancy! wow... i kept asking tami when... oh i am so excited.... TAMI, YOU BETTER CALL ME!
YAY!! congrats on the pregnancy!! When are you due? I'm due January
20th!! congrats:)
Im so excited for you guys! congratulations!!!!
Post a Comment