About Tami & James

I created this blog to share some handmade items. It was a few years ago that I really started to enjoy sewing and quilting. The items you see here are available for purchase. Each item can be customized to one's wishes and wants whether it be a blanket or jeweled watch. I would love to do so for you. Contact me at tudgirl@hotmail.com for questions and information.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Good Bye James!

Tami- Well today was the day we all have been dreading, especially me, James was sent off to Afghanistan and I had to say good bye. We both knew this day would come and tried to prepare ourselves, but despite our preparation saying goodbye wasn't easy. I've had some difficult challenges in my life, but this tops them all. Knowing that we won't be together for 15 months really pulls at my heart strings, but I know that the Lord will strengthen us and help us through this short time we will be apart. There has been a tremendous out pour of love and support from family and friends to James and on his behalf I would like to say THANK YOU! He has mentioned to me, on more than one occasion, that it is easier to wake up and do his job knowing that people support and appreciate all he does. As time goes on I will keep all of you updated on his status and what he is doing. Thank You again for all the love and support that you have shown to James and myself it means the world to us! Stayed tuned for more...

Here are a few pictures from today!

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

4 comments:

Crazy Herb Girl said...

My heart goes out to you, Tami. Bless you for being willing to sacrifice just as much (or more) as James. Can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Love you! Jenny

The Shearer Family... said...

James,
We wish you the best of luck and THANK YOU for all that you are doing for our families and our country. May GOD watch over your ever move!

Tami,
Stay strong and before you know it James will be home. If you need anything please let us know. Hope to see you and hear from you soon.

We love both of you!

Love,
Zach, Breann, & Keijen

Joel's Family said...

Tami,
The time will go by so fast and you will not even realize that he has been gone. Thanks goodness for technology also. It will be easier to try to keep in contact with each other.
James,
Thanks for what you are doing not only for our families but also for our country. It is because of what you are doing that we have the freedom we have. THANKS.
Keep us all posted Tami, things will be hard for the first little bit trying to get re-adjusted but you are strong and you have so much support. We love ya....

Tom and Juli said...

Good luck James! Juli and I are proud of you for serving our country. You're in our prayers, cuz (I'm assuming that's the shortened form of cousin... hehe)